Thursday, December 1, 2011

Health

Over the Thanksgiving break my mother's side of the family had a surprise party for my Uncle.  My Uncle used to be a bodybuilder when he was in high school and then the Army and he won the Mr. Pittsburgh and Teenage Mr. America.  And ever since then he has told my family and I that it is so important to live a healthy lifestyle.  He told us that health is seventy percent nutrition and thirty percent exercise and he has lived by that saying ever since he was young.  He also told me that if I want to have feel well, have longevity, and stay healthy that I need to have a good nutritional diet, exercise regularly, and just think positive.  I have been listening to his words ever since and must say that it is working quite well.

2 comments:

  1. I think it is really cool that you have such a positive role model when it comes to health and physical activity. I can tell just from reading your blog that you look up to your uncle and that is awesome! I went to a really small high school and we did not have weight lifting but I heard that the competitions are really fun to watch. I also have never heard of teenage Mr. America but it sounds like a great honor to recieve. I think that we all need role models like your uncle and I am glad that his words have inspired you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is really cool that your uncle has accomplished all of that in his life. He sounds like he definitely knows what he is talking about. It really says a lot that he takes the time to stress the importance of health and fitness to the people he cares about. He sounds like a great role model and I'm glad you told us about him.

    ReplyDelete